Saturday, September 22, 2007

At Ocktoberfest.

So I managed to start a conversation with some girl at Oktoberfest, she was wearing a Flying Saucer Bar shirt. Anyway we got to talking about God, I don't remember how we got to it, but I'm sure I freaked her out or at least made her question how could I go to Catholic school all my life and come to believe that God looks at humans kind of like pets. She was not amused. I didn't intend to annoy her (though I seem to to do so, I'm just a bit too adventurous in my topics I guess), I just wanted to have a quasi philosophical conversation, but apparently that was too much for her. She commented that I was very pessimistic (before she knew that I was raised Catholic, and before I knew she was Catholic) I responded that, humans are just animals with a bit of intellect and ingenuity. We really are ridiculous in many of our daily pursuits if you step back and think about us as a species, I mean look at the majority of our behaviors, absolutely ridiculous, it makes me think about that South Park episode where the boys learn that Earth is the object of amusement for the entire galaxy of alien worlds. We must look ridiculous to any more evolved lifeforms.

No comments: